Monday, January 19, 2009

To Face Book or Not to Face Book

I am having a difficult time deciding if I should take the plunge. Two of my friends have invited me to join the facebook craze. I just heard that fully 65% of younger people have on-line interfaces and now it is up to 35 % of older adults do as well. My fear is that it will cause me to be on-line even more than I am now. I mainly check news, email, a hobby site and Sparkpeople along with the limited blogging I do. It already feels like this takes me away from 'reality' too much at times. I do like the idea of keeping up with what is going on in my friends lives and maybe reconnecting with lost friends. There is continued debate about whether this sort of communication is bringing people together or making us more physically isolated. I hope it is the later. If it had been so easy to communicate using facebook and myspace in the past I wonder if I would have lost touch with so many of my friends....

1 comment:

Anali & Peter Wills-Gresham said...

You should join... it seems like a bunch of families are joining- not just for 'kids' anymore.